GI Bill Fitness Education | Eligibility | Military Education Programs
We are pleased to announce our Personal Fitness Trainer Exam certification is recognized by the Department of Veterans Affairs as an approved education program.
All military personnel are eligible to receive tuition reimbursement under Section 3676 Title 38 of the US code through the G.I. Montgomery Bill for the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam.
The National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) salutes the brave men and women who serve in the United States Armed Forces. We thank you for your services and would like to offer you the ability to earn your Personal Fitness Trainer certification through our tuition reimbursement program.
Our PFT exam is approved and outlined in 38 U.S.C.3689 as IHL Certificate Test: Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) $249.
To verify our approval you may search the VA database at: http://inquiry.vba.va.gov/weamspub/buildSearchLCCriteria.do
Enter the following information:
L&C Name: Personal Fitness Trainer
LAC Category Type: Certification
We are the first selection on the results list, click on the link and our organization profile will be displayed.
How to get started on your new Personal Training career
The student must have served or is currently active in the United States Armed Forces.
1. Purchase the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Exam
- Proctored certification exam
Your price: $249
Or, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL.
Add on the Complete PFT Home-Study Online Training Package, practice exam and helpful extras for just an additional $100
- Receive access to our bi-monthly Q & A webinar sessions with the top executives at NESTA, career trainers and fitness club employers
- Upon successfully passing the accredited 4-year NESTA-PFT certification exam, you’ll receive a digital copy and mailed a 8×10 hard copy wall certificate with our official seal and title of “Certified Personal Fitness Trainer”
- You’ll receive discounts on our CEU courses to help you enhance your knowledge, stay current with your certification and increase your marketability while you grow your business/career
Receive over 40 hours of the complete NESTA-PFT home-study online training package, practice exam, proctored certification exam and lifetime access for a total of $349. This offer is only available one-time.
YES, I want to succeed! Add on the complete home-study online package for only $100.
2. To receive your reimbursement, please download and print the application for VA Education Benefits (Form 22-1990) located here: http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1990-ARE.pdf
You will be required to provide a copy of your receipt as proof along with your completed application.
Service Members, and Veterans – submit copy of DD-214 (must include Character of Service), Discharge Certificate, Military Orders, Retirement Certificate, or Military LES. (Only one document is required) Please fax document to (949) 589-8216.
Please note: Due to government regulations we are unable to accept military ID cards for verification of military service. You may black-out any sensitive information on orders, LES, or other military documents submitted.
Additional discounts cannot be applied.
PFT Candidate Requirements:
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must have a valid Driver’s License or Passport
– Must have valid Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) Certification card or BLS (Basic Life Support) card in place of CPR card.
– NESTA exam enrollment must be paid in full
Please visit PSI Exam Requirements page for more information and exam locations.
If you are not qualified to participate in the NESTA Military Reimbursement Program, do not purchase your PFT through the “Add to Cart” buttons on this page. Instead, purchase your PFT package online at: https://www.nestacertified.com/personal-fitness-trainer-certification/