That cup of coffee you had this morning may provide more than an energy boost. Health benefits of a good cup of coffee may range from reducing your risk of diabetes to lowering your risk of liver disease.
Before we discuss the benefits of coffee
It’s important to understand the importance of choosing a quality grown, organic coffee bean. Organic coffee is free of synthetic fertilizers and chemicals used in growing, production or processing. As a bonus, organic coffee beans provide more healthful antioxidants, and you can certainly taste the difference.
There are a variety of health benefits that coffee drinkers get from drinking moderate amounts of coffee, here are five:
- Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help repair damaged cells and make the body look younger and since coffee is rich in antioxidants then it is surely good for the body. Furthermore, antioxidants help fight cancer-causing free radicals.
- Coffee enhances alertness and memory. Coffee is a good memory enhancer; it helps you remember things easily especially short memory. It also boosts the nerve cell activity of our brain thus potentially protect us from memory loss.
- Lifts your mood and provides happiness. Coffee helps lift your mood and makes you happy especially when you’re down. It has ingredients that perk up your spirit and provide you pleasure. Coffee can also help us sustain our energy levels for longer periods of time and keep our brain alert.
- Coffee lowers your risk of disease. Coffee has been shown to lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and colon cancer. It also decreases the incidence of gallbladder disease and gallstones in both women and men. Even so, coffee should be taken in moderation especially by people with heart disease, high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- Coffee reduces liver damage. For alcohol drinkers, drinking coffee may help counteract the harmful effects of alcohol on the body and may also prevent cirrhosis.
Be a responsible coffee drinker
Remember that coffee is beneficial as long as it is taken in moderation. Like any food or drink, excessive consumption can be harmful so make sure you consume only 2-3 cups of coffee per day.
Beans – Choose fresh, organic, roasted beans.
Grind – Choose a finer roast if you want a sweeter cup of coffee, go for a coarser grind if you prefer a bold and satisfying bitter.
Measure – The standard ratio for a strong coffee is approximately 2 tablespoons of coffee per 6 ounces of water. Adjust to taste.
Water – Clean and crisp (filtered) water makes great coffee.
Brew – Drip, percolate or use a French press.
If you want to help clients with food, diet, weight management and improving the results of their fitness routines, the Fitness Nutrition Coach course is for you. You will learn about optimal nutrition, including proven techniques for increasing energy, optimal health and decreased dependence on medications. Instantly increase your job and career opportunities with this popular professional credential.
Check out what it takes to start a career in personal fitness training. This is your most affordable and fastest way to become a highly qualified personal trainer.
NESTA coaching programs are open to anyone with a desire to learn and help others. There are no prerequisites.
That’s it for now.