Become a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer so you can enjoy helping people improve their health and happiness, while earning a great income living the fitness lifestyle!
NESTA provides the education and support you need to help you earn your certification. We want you to succeed and have the opportunity to turn your passion into a fun and highly-rewarding career. With the purchase of our NESTA-PFT online training package you’ll receive:
- Study at your own pace and when you are ready to take the exam, you’ll receive 90 days to schedule and take the NESTA-PFT proctored exam
- Receive access to our bi-monthly Q & A webinar sessions with the top executives at NESTA, career trainers and fitness club employers
- Upon successfully passing the accredited 4-year NESTA-PFT certification exam, you’ll receive a digital copy and mailed a 8×10 hard copy wall certificate with our official seal and title of “Certified Personal Fitness Trainer”
- You’ll receive discounts on our CEU courses to help you enhance your knowledge, stay current with your certification and increase your marketability
Best of all, you’ll receive over 40 hours of the entire NESTA-PFT online training package and support for only $477! Take the next step and start on your career right now!
Your NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is Accredited and Widely Accepted!
Fitness centers, health clubs and gyms are hiring our personal trainers at a record pace. Become a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer so you can get hired fast.
Most fitness centers, gyms and health clubs require a Personal Fitness Trainer Certification like NESTA’s.
These clubs (and many others) accept NESTA’s certification:
You will enjoy the ultimate fitness career and we’re going to guide you each step of the way!
Now is the best time to secure your future as a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer, so you can……
- Help your clients get in shape safely and effectively
- Start your fitness career at a facility of your choice
- Train athletes and special populations
- Start your own successful independent fitness business
- Enjoy your dream life; live your passion
- Earn a strong income while having fun
Why Choose the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification?
- Most certifications are only valid 2 years. However, NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is valid for a full 4 years!This saves you money NOW and in the FUTURE.
- NESTA teaches you easy-to-follow and cutting edge business and career skills you need to land your dream job and get more training clients
- 100% online training program: Instant access, lifetime access, no waiting, study at your own pace! from your home, office or on the go. No materials are mailed.
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is recognized by the National Board of Fitness Examiners
The CDR (Commission on Dietetic Registration) has approved NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) Certification program as a CDR-approved certification. Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietetic Technicians may complete the NESTA PFT certification for 75 CPEUs.
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is GI Bill approved and offers special rates to U.S. troops and veterans. Click here for more info.
The NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is registered with the the U.S. Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line program.
This is exactly what you get when you enroll now!
You will enjoy your training program in our state-of-the-art 100% online classroom. The image to the right is a representation of your online materials. No physical training materials will be mailed to you.
- New and Enhanced Interactive Online Digital Manual- expanded by more than 25% with updated sections in exercise physiology, biomechanics, and business development (easily downloaded and printed)
- Certification exam – 125 question, 2 hour proctored multiple choice exam. Upon completing exam, results are issued immediately at the PSI exam facility.
- Over 10 Hours of Step-by-Step Video Training
- Review Questions to quickly prepare you for the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam
- Listen online or download mp3 interviews & discussions – business, nutrition and program design
- New Easy-to-Use 100% Online Learning System
- 17 Detailed and Easy-to-Follow Interactive Lessons and Review questions to Guide you smoothly through the program
- Unlimited practice exams to quickly prepare you for the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam
Your NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Manual
The official manual (delivered in digital PDF format) uses interactive animations to explain scientific concepts and their applications for the personal trainer. Each chapter contains study questions which will prepare you to pass your certification exam.
The following content areas are covered within the interactive digital manual:
Chapter 1 – Introduction to Personal Training
Chapter 2 – Exercise Physiology
Chapter 3 – Kinesiology and Functional Anatomy
Chapter 4 – Applied Biomechanics
Chapter 5 – Flexibility
Chapter 6 – Nutrition
Chapter 7 – Special Populations
Chapter 8 – Assessments
Chapter 9 – Program Design
Chapter 10 – Exercise Application
Chapter 11 – Safety, Injury Prevention and Treatment
Chapters 12 – Exercise Psychology
Chapters 13-14 – Business Strategies and Applications for the Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
DETAILED & EASY-TO-FOLLOW Personal Fitness Training Videos
33 online instructional videos with 3D animations and graphics make learning much easier and more exciting.
Learn about the NESTA System of Personal Training Success, Exercise Physiology, Functional Anatomy & Kinesiology, Muscular Anatomy, Biomechanics, Flexibility, Special Populations, and more.
BONUS: NESTA teaches you how to promote your services as a trainer, get more high-quality clients, and to help you make more money doing what you enjoy!
Personal Fitness Training Online Audio lessons:
Business Essentials Online Audio Lessons
Strategies on how you’ll succeed in personal training with NESTA CEO, Dr. John Spencer Ellis
Program Design Fundamentals Online Audio Lessons
An in-depth analysis for designing an effective and efficient program with fast and impressive results for your clients
Nutrition Fundamentals Online Audio Lessons
Discussion with Chris Mohr, RD, PhD, on nutrition and helping your clients make the best choices for optimal health and nutrition
The NESTA System of Personal Fitness Training Success is What You Need
An easy-to-follow method to jump start your personal training career…
3 easy steps to your personal training success
1. Assess – Learn exactly where to start with your clients for maximum progression
Young, old, in-shape, out-of-shape, special needs…learn the in’s and out’s of proper assessment.
2. Design – Easily design a killer program that will get results!
Your clients will sing your praises for a custom program that dodges injuries and catapults them to their goals.
3. Instruct – Guide your clients to an amazing new level of fitness
Applying the science doesn’t have to be complicated, and we’ll show you how.
3 steps to your business success
1. Sales – Sell without “selling”
“If you build your business, they will come.” Find out why you don’t have to be a pushy salesman to get clients.
2. Referrals – The #1 most powerful marketing tool in the world
Word of mouth. How to use it to get referrals and keep the business rolling in.
3. Marketing – Learn the simple yet effective marketing secrets that other trainers don’t know
At that job interview or running your own business, you won’t have to worry about your competition, they’ll be worrying about you! Get the proven strategies and tactics that other certification companies won’t teach you.
We prepare you for success on your test
Know what’s on the test.
Special hints placed throughout the manual called “exam alerts” point out the material that is likely to be on the test.
If you like more details…
If you are someone who wants more detail, or wants to know more than what appears on the test? We have provided “Xtras for Xperts” just for you. These 3D animation videos and PDF documents go deeper into the science and concepts presented in the manual.
Are You Active or Retired U.S. Military?
Active and retired military veterans can use the G.I. Bill to help pay for the
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification.
The Personal Fitness Trainer program is available at a discounted rate in the Master Personal Trainer Bundle.
What are my career options? How will I make a living with this credential?
The great thing about becoming a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer is that you have endless career and business opportunities. Some primary careers include: Working with clients at a gym, health club, fitness center, spa or resort. You can train and coach your clients indoors or outside. You can also operate your own facility. You can train and coach clients one-on-one in their home, your home, or your office. Many experts with this credential train in groups to help more people and earn more money per hour. In addition, you can seek out alternative (and frequently very lucrative career opportunities) as a blogger, writer, podcast host, author, online content provider, online video host or publisher of digital education products. You can also offer your services online to individuals, small groups or large groups. You can use fun online communication/collaboration platforms such Skype, Google Hangout or iChat for your training/coaching services. You can become an expert for authority websites such as WebMD, eHow and Livestrong. You can become a frequent expert guest on podcasts, radio shows, TV talk shows, news programs or in industry publications. The list of opportunities is truly endless. Nothing is hold you back. So, go make a difference today!
How will I get clients?
This is actually much easier than you may be thinking right now. Here are some examples: Facebook is an excellent resource. An account is free and building a fan page takes less than 5 minutes. You can advertise to very specific groups of people who want and need your services. Of course, you can also use Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and your other favorite social media platforms. It’s 100% FREE. Create and post a press release about your business launch. It’s simple and free to syndicate your press releases across the web. Creating a blog for your business is very fast and essentially free. We have resources for your online marketing needs here. You can make training/coaching videos and post them to Youtube. When you offer this valuable free help, people get to know you and learn to like you. In return, they want to know more and they are directed back to your Facebook fan page or blog for details. Of course, you can post your videos to all video sites for an even greater reach. Adding your business to Yelp is also a great idea. It gets ranked high on Google which makes your job even easier. Make sure you also add your business profile to Google Local. That’s another free and easy way to get clients. As for off-line client-getting strategies, you can do any of the following: attend local charity events, speak at community events, do a lunch-and-learn at a local business, volunteer for a local charity, distribute door hangers, post flyers, add a graphic/banner to your car, and the list goes on and on. Once you get started, you’ll see how easy it is to do. Now that you know what you need to do, you just need to implement and the clients will come in on a regular basis.
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Details
Requirements for you to become a NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– High school diploma or GED
– Must have a valid government Driver’s License or Passport
– Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) Certification card or BLS (Basic Life Support) card in place of CPR card. Click here for details: PFT Exam Requirements
– NESTA exam enrollment fees must be paid in full
- 125 question, 2-hour proctored multiple choice exam
- The exam candidate must take the Personal Fitness Trainer proctored exam within 90 days upon receiving their exam eligibility ID.
- Exam results are shown immediately upon completing the exam. All passing exams, receive a temporary certificate at the time of completion.
- One exam attempt per purchase. Students who did not meet the exam passing requirements can purchase a $199 retest 30 days from the date of the exam by visiting Exam Retest, Extensions and Administrative Fee page , or by calling our offices at 866-348-6692.
- For more information about NESTA’s PFT exam locations, requirements, scheduling, and procedures, please visit PFT Exam Requirements page.
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer exam candidates will take the exam at a PSI testing center in their area. PSI is the proctored exam provider with one of hundreds of testing sites nationally throughout Canada and all 50 states in the U.S. including, Washington DC, Guam, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- Click here to locate a PSI testing facility in your area.
- For more information about NESTA’s PFT exam locations, requirements, scheduling, and procedures, please visit PFT Exam Requirements page.
Off-Site Proctoring Exam Option for International Candidates and Scheduling Hardship
International and scheduling hardship exam candidates will be required to use “Off-Site Proctoring Exam Option” and will not be eligible to test at a PSI facility. Please visit Off-Site Proctoring Exam Option page for detailed information and instructions. Approval from NESTA is required prior to testing.
Individuals with Disabilities and Special Accommodation Needs
Individuals having a disability requiring special accommodations must fill out the “Request for Special Accommodations” form. Requests are decided upon an individual basis. Accommodations usually include an allowance for increased examination time. Accommodation requests will be acknowledged through email and/or phone notification within 7-10 business days of initial request.
For individuals who require a reader, separate accommodations or other requirements please state your needs and requirements in detail on the Request for Special Accommodations Form. Requests will be considered and a response will be delivered within 10 business days.
Additional policy and procedural information regarding individuals with disabilities or in need of special accommodations for exams.
Proctored Exam Fees and Extensions
Students who did not meet the exam passing requirements can purchase a $199 retest 30 days from the date of the exam by visiting Exam Retest, Extensions and Administrative Fee page , or by calling our offices at 866-348-6692.
- Exam candidate can request and pay for a 90 day extension before the assigned exam expiration date. Please refer to the NESTA Policies page and click on the “Fees” tab at the top of the page.
- Extension requests to due medical issues must be provided in writing and a signed physician’s note must be provided. The request will then be reviewed by the NESTA Executive Board. Candidate will be notified by email of the decision. Please refer to the Personal Fitness Trainer Exam Candidate Handbook for details.
Internet access is required and Adobe Reader. If needed, download for FREE: Get Adobe Reader. Online training program is compatible on iPhone, iPad, Android Smartphone, tablet, Windows and Mac.
Recertification and Continuing Education Process
The NESTA ECB requires its certified personal fitness trainer (PFT) to complete 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over a four year period. Each 0.1 CEU is worth one hour of study time or one contact hour in a live training format.
For more details on recertification, please click here.
To purchase the Personal Fitness Trainer Complete, use the registration button below.
Or, purchase the exam only option (online study materials are not included) for $299
Register Now for the Exam Only $299