Become a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
NESTA provides the quality education and personalized support you need, so you can earn your certification with confidence.
As a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer student you will learn to:
- Accurately assess the health, fitness, and skill levels of clients, using this information to create clear, realistic goals.
- Design workouts based on the individual client’s needs and goals, grounded in sound scientific principles.
- Correctly demonstrate and instruct exercise techniques utilizing proper biomechanics and motivation principles.
- Articulate your professional scope of practice as well as the NESTA code of ethics.
- Detail how you plan to market and sell your personal training services in order to gain new clients. And how to deliver proper service to maintain your client base.
Why choose the NESTA Certified Personal Trainer course and exam?
- PRICE. NESTA has the most affordable accredited certification in the world.
- 4 YEARS. This is the only personal training certification in the world valid for 4 years. All others are just 2 years.
- ACCEPTED. NESTA is accepted worldwide. Students are accepted from all countries.
- ACCREDITATION. This certification is accredited by NCCA, the Gold Standard.
- BUSINESS & CAREER SYSTEM INCLUDED. When you enroll in this certification, you will also get a complete business system to jump-start your career. You will learn marketing, sales, networking, social media, online coaching, and much more.
- SUPPORT. You get immediate, unlimited, and lifetime support.
- ACCESS. You get immediate access to all your training materials once you register.
- 100% ONLINE. Your entire training is done online.
Disclaimer: The NESTA educational materials are optional and are not required to prepare for the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam. You can sit for the certification exam now without purchasing the official NESTA study materials if you feel you are ready.
What does the NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer course include?
- Instant online access to the NESTA-PFT 14-chapter interactive PDF digital manual (easily printable)
- Instant online access to over 10 hours of online training videos with interactive review questions, so you can be certain you are making progress
- Unlimited access to the online NESTA-PFT practice exam, so you can feel confident taking your official proctored exam when you are ready
- The ability to study from any device. All training is compatible with iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, and MAC
- 24/7 lifetime access to all the training materials, even after you earn your certification
- 30, 60 and 90-day study plan checklists, so you can stay focused and on track
- NCCA accredited NESTA-PFT 125 questions, 2-hour multiple-choice, proctored exam
- Study at your own pace, and when you are ready to take the exam, you will have 90 days to schedule and take the proctored exam
- Upon successfully passing the certification exam, you’ll immediately receive a digital copy, and also mailed your 8.5 x 11 hard copy wall certificate (additional shipping fee will apply to international students) with our official seal and signatures, and title of “Certified Personal Fitness Trainer”
- You’ll receive significant discounts on dozens of CEU courses to help you enhance your knowledge, stay current with your certification, and help you get clients fast
NOTE: It is NOT required to complete this course before enrolling in other courses offered by our association.
Your NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
is NCCA-Accredited and Accepted Worldwide!
Fitness centers, health clubs and gyms are hiring NESTA personal fitness trainers every day. Get certified now so you can get hired fast.
Most employers require a Personal Fitness Trainer Certification like NESTA’s.
These clubs and thousands of others, accept NESTA’s certification:
Now consider this:
● You will soon know the satisfaction of fulfilling your dreams of becoming an accomplished Personal Fitness Trainer.
● You will be able to help your clients get fit safely and effectively, which will allow them to enjoy healthier lives.
● You will have an NCCA accredited certification to start your fitness career at a facility of your choice.
● You will have the expertise to train the general population, athletes, and a wide range of individuals.
● You will have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to start your own successful independent fitness business.
● You will have the time and financial resources to start living your dream life and pursuing more of your passions.
● You will learn how to earn a steady and strong income while having fun in a role that is fun and full of opportunities.
● You can now say goodbye the boring 9-5 job. You can set the hours that are most convenient for you, and give you personal time with your family and friends.
Why Choose the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification?
- Most certifications are only valid for 2 years. However, NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is valid for a full 4 years! This saves you money NOW, and in the FUTURE.
- NESTA teaches you easy-to-follow and cutting edge business and career skills you need to land your dream job and get more training clients without a struggle. We make it fun.
- 100% online training program: Instant access, lifetime access, no waiting, study at your own pace from your home, office, or on the go. No materials are mailed.
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is recognized by the National Board of Fitness Examiners
The CDR (Commission on Dietetic Registration) has approved NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) Certification program as a CDR-approved certification. Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietetic Technicians may complete the NESTA PFT certification for 75 CPEUs.
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is GI Bill approved and offers special rates to U.S. troops and veterans. Click here for more info.
The NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is registered with the U.S. Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line program.
Your NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Manual
The official manual (delivered in digital PDF format) uses interactive animations to explain scientific concepts and their applications for the personal trainer. Each chapter contains study questions which will prepare you to pass your certification exam.
The following content areas are covered within the interactive digital manual:
Chapter 1 – Introduction to Personal Training
Chapter 2 – Exercise Physiology
Chapter 3 – Kinesiology and Functional Anatomy
Chapter 4 – Applied Biomechanics
Chapter 5 – Flexibility
Chapter 6 – Nutrition
Chapter 7 – Special Populations
Chapter 8 – Assessments
Chapter 9 – Program Design
Chapter 10 – Exercise Application
Chapter 11 – Safety, Injury Prevention, and Treatment
Chapters 12 – Exercise Psychology
Chapters 13-14 – Business Strategies and Applications for the Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
DETAILED & EASY-TO-FOLLOW Personal Fitness Training Videos
33 online instructional videos with 3D animations and graphics make learning much easier and more interesting.
Learn about the NESTA System of Personal Training Success, Exercise Physiology, Functional Anatomy & Kinesiology, Muscular Anatomy, Biomechanics, Flexibility, Special Populations, and more.
Personal Fitness Training Online Audio lessons:
Business Essentials Online Audio Lessons
Strategies on how you’ll succeed in personal training
Program Design Fundamentals Online Audio Lessons
An in-depth analysis for designing an effective and efficient program with fast and impressive results for your clients
Nutrition Fundamentals Online Audio Lessons
Discussion with Chris Mohr, RD, PhD, on nutrition and helping your clients make the best choices for optimal health and nutrition
The NESTA System of Personal Fitness Training Success is What You Need
Our easy-to-follow method to jump start your personal training career:
3 easy steps to your personal training success
1. Assess – Learn exactly where to start with your clients for maximum progression
Young, old, in-shape, out-of-shape, special needs…learn the in’s and out’s of proper assessment.
2. Design – Easily design a killer program that will get results!
Your clients will sing your praises for a custom program that dodges injuries and catapults them to their goals.
3. Instruct – Guide your clients to an amazing new level of fitness
Applying science doesn’t have to be complicated, and we’ll show you how.
3 steps to your business success
1. Sales – Sell without “selling”
“If you build your business, they will come.” Find out why you don’t have to be a pushy salesman to get a flood of clients.
2. Referrals – The #1 most powerful marketing tool in the world. It’s a free way to get more clients. You’ll learn all the proven strategies that work for all types of training environments.
Word of mouth. How to use it to get referrals and keep the business rolling in.
3. Marketing – Learn the simple yet effective marketing secrets that other trainers don’t know, but should. We give you the proven strategies and tactics that other certification companies won’t teach you.
We prepare you for success on your test
Know what’s on the test.
Special hints placed throughout the manual called “exam alerts” point out the material that is likely to be on the test.
If you would like more details…
If you are someone who wants more details or wants to know more than what appears on the test? We have provided “Xtras for Xperts” just for you. These 3D animation videos and PDF documents go deeper into the science and concepts presented in the manual.
Are You Active or Retired U.S. Military?
Active and retired military veterans can use the G.I. Bill to help pay for the
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification.
The Personal Fitness Trainer program is available at a discounted rate in the Master Personal Trainer Bundle.
What are my career options? How will I make a living with this credential?
The great thing about becoming a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer is that you have endless career and business opportunities. Some primary careers include: Working with clients at a gym, health club, fitness center, spa, or resort. You can train and coach your clients indoors or outside. You can also operate your own facility. You can train and coach clients one-on-one in their home, your home, or your office. Many experts with this credential train in groups to help more people and earn more money per hour. In addition, you can seek out alternative (and frequently very lucrative career opportunities) as a blogger, writer, podcast host, author, online content provider, online video host or publisher of digital training products. You can also offer your services online to individuals, small groups, or large groups.
You can use fun online communication/collaboration platforms such as Skype or Zoom for your training/coaching services. You can become an expert for authority websites such as WebMD, eHow, and Huffington Post. You can start your own YouTube show. You can become a frequent expert guest on podcasts, radio shows, TV talk shows, news programs, or in industry publications. The list of opportunities is truly endless. Nothing is holding you back. And, we give you all the business and career training to do it all. This training is our gift to you.
So, register right now!
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Details
Requirements for you to become an Accredited NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer:
– Must have paid in full prior to the examination date
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must have a valid government issued Driver’s License or Passport
– Must have a minimum high school level or equivalent education
– Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) Certification card/certificate or BLS (Basic Life Support) card/certificate in place of CPR card or equivalent
– Must to maintain the confidentiality of the exam content and abide by exam policies as stated in the candidate handbook
– Must agree to adhere to the NESTA Code of Ethics
– Exam candidate may be subject to an audit to verify proof of documentation requirements (show proof of valid CPR card/certification, Driver’s License or Passport, High School Diploma or equivalent)
– Must pass the 125 questions, multiple-choice, facilitated proctored exam within 90 days of requesting exam eligibility ID. You must achieve a 71% or higher exam score to become an accredited Personal Fitness Trainer
– PFT exam candidates must take the NESTA proctored exam at a PSI testing center
Personal Fitness Trainer Exam Details
- 125 question, timed 2-hour proctored multiple choice computer web-based exam. Passing score is 71% or higher.
- The exam candidate must take the Personal Fitness Trainer proctored exam within 90 days upon requesting their exam eligibility ID.
- One exam attempt per purchase (unless otherwise specified under purchase options).
- A $45 proctor fee is applicable to all PFT Exam Candidates living outside of North America. Payment is due upon requesting exam eligibility ID.
- Exam results are shown immediately upon completing the exam. All passing exams receive a temporary certificate at the time of completion.
- For more information about NESTA’s PFT exam locations, requirements, scheduling, and procedures, please visit PFT Exam Requirements page.
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer exam candidates will take the exam at a PSI testing center in their local area. PSI is the proctored exam provider with hundreds of testing sites worldwide.
- Click here to locate a PSI testing facility in your area.
- For more information about NESTA’s PFT exam locations, requirements, scheduling, and procedures, please visit PFT Exam Requirements page.
- An additional $45 proctoring fee applies to students living outside of North America. Payment is due upon requesting exam eligibility ID.
Private Proctoring Exam Option for Scheduling Hardships
Scheduling hardship exam candidates will be required to use the “Private Proctoring Exam Option” and will not be eligible to test at a PSI facility. Please visit the Private Proctoring Exam Option page for detailed information and instructions. Approval from NESTA is required prior to testing.
Individuals with Disabilities and Special Accommodation Needs
Individuals having a disability requiring special accommodations must fill out the “Request for Special Accommodations” form. Requests are decided upon an individual basis. Accommodations usually include an allowance for increased examination time. Accommodation requests will be acknowledged through email and/or phone notification within 7-10 business days of the initial request.
For individuals who require a reader, separate accommodations, or other requirements please state your needs and requirements in detail on the Request for Special Accommodations Form. Requests will be considered, and a response will be delivered within 10 business days. Not all PSI facilities are equipped to provide special accommodations requests.
Additional policy and procedural information regarding individuals with disabilities or in need of special accommodations for exams can be found by following this link.
Additional Examination Fees
- $199 Retest Fee: Students who did not meet the exam passing requirements can purchase a $199 retest 30 days from the date of the exam by visiting Exam Retest, Extensions and Administrative Fee page , or by calling our offices at 866-348-6692.
- $95 Extension Fee: 90-day extension can requested by the exam candidate at any time. Please refer to the NESTA Policies page and click on the “Fees” tab at the top of the page.
- Extension requests to due medical issues must be provided in writing and a signed physician’s note must be provided. The request will then be reviewed by the NESTA Executive Board. Candidate will be notified by email of the decision. Please refer to the Personal Fitness Trainer Exam Candidate Handbook for details.
- $45 Proctor Fee: An additional $45 proctoring fee is applicable to all PFT exam candidates living outside of North America. Payment is due upon requesting exam eligibility ID.
- $45 Private Proctor Fee: An additional $45 proctoring fee is applicable to PFT exam candidates requiring to apply for private proctoring. Details and application is listed here: Private Proctoring Exam Option
Required Technology for Online Training Course:
Internet access is required and Adobe Reader. If needed, download for FREE: Get Adobe Reader. The online training program is compatible on iPhone, iPad, Android Smartphone, tablet, Windows and Mac.
Recertification and Continuing Education Process
The NESTA ECB requires its certified personal fitness trainer (PFT) to complete 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over a four year period. Each 0.1 CEU is worth one hour of study time or one contact hour in a live training format.
For more details on recertification, please click here.
To register for the Personal Fitness Trainer Complete, use the enrollment button below.