Certified Triathlon Coach
100% Online Program – Most Comprehensive Training Available – Internationally Accepted
(ITCA) International Triathlon Coaching Association is the triathlon division of NESTA.
As an ITCA Certified Triathlon Coach, you will enjoy a career helping people reach their personal best in the sport you love. You will have the option of coaching people one-on-one, in a group, online, over the phone, using Skype or Zoom video, in a clinic, at a training camp, or any combination. We even teach you how to have a highly profitable triathlon coaching business.
The ITCA triathlon coaching curriculum is second to none.
You will benefit from triathlon coach training far beyond anything that has been done before. ITCA has elevated the science and application of triathlon training and coaching to the highest levels. The educational materials are highly detailed and comprehensive, yet presented to you in a way which allows for immediate and effective application. In addition, we have combined it with proven business models which give you the opportunity to have a financially rewarding triathlon coaching career.
You save time and money.
Because of our unique, comprehensive, and interactive 100% online learning system, you can become a Certified Triathlon Coach in the comfort of your own home. Log in and out of your online training room as needed until your training is complete. No physical study materials are mailed to you.
You are given a specific training plan to strategically guide you to the completion of your Triathlon Coach Certification program.
Your Triathlon Coach Certification program is delivered to you in a state-of-the-art, 100% online, 32-day program. It includes all of your training materials, exam, certification, business system, and bonus gifts.
Quick Program Overview and Benefits:
- Your Coaching Certificate reads “Certified Triathlon Coach”
- You can call us toll-free (or e-mail us) any time you have a question while studying the coaching program materials, and after.
- Course completion qualifies you for professional liability insurance from Fitness and Wellness Insurance, a member of Philadelphia Insurance
- No testing fees (unless a re-test is required after two attempts)
- Your triathlon coach certification will be issued by ITCA – International Triathlon Coaching Association
As a Certified ITCA Triathlon Coach, you will learn to do the following:
- Review athletes history and goals
- Establish essential milestones for meeting personal goals
- Identify personal strengths & weaknesses
- Identify and prioritize race season
- Construct a program for training and racing
- Identify appropriate pace training zones for swimming
- Identify heart rate training zones
- Use Polar heart rate training tools and technology
- Develop effective and safe training programs for all levels of athletes for all types of events
- Sciences covered include: kinesiology, biomechanics, aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, nutrition, exercise physiology, and sport psychology
Triathlon Coach Certification
Additional shipping fees & delivery times applies to students living outside of North America.
Refer to training, CEUs, exam, recertification details below.
Training, exam and re-certifications details.
You will likely need a CPR certification for insurance, and we strongly encourage it.
Concepts you will learn: Triathlon rules, swim/bike/run technique, bike fit, safety and training drills, as well as the following: Basic exercise physiology, functional anatomy, kinesiology and biomechanics, nutrition and metabolism, training special populations, fitness assessments, program design, heart rate training, exercise application and technique, safety and injury prevention and the business of triathlon coaching.
Your training program also includes case studies:
In this case study module, you will have the opportunity to follow the proper progression of a training plan given an athletes current history, goals, needs, available time to train, etc. As you will see, each case study will provide you with the specifics of each athlete. And then, the training plan will follow accordingly in terms of the proper balance of strength training workouts, swimming workouts, cycling workouts, running workouts, and rest days. In addition, each training plan will take the athlete through the proper workout progression in order to maximize performance and recovery. This is accomplished by training each athlete in the proper heart rate zones in order to improve each athletes efficiency and by creating a great fitness foundation.
Online Learning Structure:
Your program materials are delivered in 16 modules over 32 days. It is a 100% online delivery system.
After you register, you will be directed to create your private member account. Once you are inside the member area, you will watch introductory videos to orient you with the learning process.
The educational materials are time-released. You will have access to an additional lesson every 48 hours after you register. After 32 days, you will have access to the online test. Once you pass your test, you can legally hold the title of a “Certified Triathlon Coach.”
When you register, you will have immediate access to the following:
- Online video lectures and presentations
- Discussion board
- Individual chapters of the official ITCA manual
- End-of-chapter questions in preparation for your exam
During each week of the course, you will be expected to:
- View assigned chapter lecture video(s)
- Read the assigned chapter(s)
- Complete end of chapter questions (for your learning and review)
- Participate in at least 2 discussion boards with at least 2 entries for each discussion
After you have completed 16 lessons of online coursework, you can request to sit for the ITCA certification exam.
Simple instructions are given inside the member area.
Your course of study is the following:
Intro to Triathlons
- Skeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Muscular Anatomy and Physiology
- Nervous and Endocrine Systems
- Assessments for Triathletes
- Program Design for Triathletes I
- Program Design for Triathletes II
- Applied Biomechanics and Technique Instruction
- Safety and Injury Prevention
- Nutrition of Triathlon
- Recovery and Off-Season Training
- Racing Equipment
- Business Strategies
Enrollment: Open entry. Begin your studies at any time. The entire course is online.
Time for completion: There are no specific time requirements. Although the materials are delivered over 32 days, you can take longer to complete the program. You can always go back and review any of the materials as many times as needed before you test.
Requirements for certification: Passing grade (70% or greater) on 100 question multiple-choice online exam. Three attempts at the exam are given. Exam results are known immediately.
Testing: You must test within one year of purchase, but will have the ability to test online after 31 days following enrollment.
Re-testing: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Do you have more specific questions? Read our FAQ page.
Term of Certification: 2-Years (re-certification required after 2 years)
2.0 Continuing Education Credits (2.0 CEUs) required to re-certify after the 2-year term.
Recertification details >>
Complete the ITCA Triathlon Coach Certification and Quickly Gain a Strategic Advantage with Advanced Science and Proven Business Tactics
There has never been a better time to become a certified triathlon coach. Triathletes are highly educated and dedicated individuals who take their sport seriously, regardless of their current ability level. Triathletes seek expert advice on all aspects of their sport. Because of a triathlete’s unique demographic, they have the means to pay for your expert coaching advice.
You benefit by enjoying a financially rewarding career, which enhances the lives of others while you stay intimately involved in the sport you love. Now is the time for you to become certified with ITCA and become an in-demand triathlon coaching professional.
The demographics of the triathlete is second to none:
- Average age: 39
- Household: 74% married
- Income: Mean – $155,300, Median – $116,900, $100,00+ is 62%
- Education Level: Postgraduate with degree 43%, 4-year college degree 86%
Level of Participation
- Event Participation: 3-6 per year
- Beginner 7%
- Fitness/Training 44%
- Competitive 49%
Is the sport of triathlon growing?
- The sport of triathlon has grown exponentially in the last 10 years.
- USAT membership has tripled over the past ten years
- One year racing license purchases grew 311%
- Single-day licenses purchases grew 297%
Your ITCA Triathlon Coach Certification System includes the following:
- Official Manual which includes many photos, illustrations, graphs, charts & 3-D animations
- Swim techniques, coaching applications, drills, etc. Also includes underwater videography
- Bike techniques, transition 1 & 2, cadence, cornering, safety
- Run technique, breathing, turnover, hills, and descents
- Bike Fit – Techniques for a bike fit, accessory selection, bar width, stem length, etc.
You will also learn our exclusive infinity program. We teach you our complete system for client success, your personal success as a Certified Triathlon Coach, and entrepreneur. When you learn our comprehensive and scientific system, you will seamlessly combine the physical with the financial, while providing superior service and streamlining your day.
FREE BUSINESS & MARKETING TRAINING SYSTEM: When you order any course on this page, you will also receive, AT ZERO COST, the Online Coaching and Training Course and Business System. It is a comprehensive program including detailed training on business set-up, marketing, personal branding, sales, social media marketing, online coaching/training, personal development training, video marketing, advertising, networking and much more. This is a $375 value you get for FREE when you register for any course on this page. NOTE: If you want the actual certificate and CEUs for this free bonus training, you can upgrade for just $165 after your enroll. There is no obligation.
FREE audio lesson on the business of triathlon coaching. Learn how to make a strong six-figure income with one-on-one coaching, group coaching, online coaching, clinics, and coaching retreats. Get all the secrets to getting more clients, leveraging your time, using technology, making the most of the Internet, and setting yourself apart from the competition. This material is in your final module.
Triathlon Coach Certification
NESTA 4-Month Payment Plan
No credit check. Only credit or debit card required.
Coupon codes or discounts cannot be applied to payment plans or special offers
Exam may only be accessed after all payments have been received
Payment Plan Terms:
$81/MO automatically debited/credited every 30 days, for the next 4-months
(includes one-time $30 processing fee)
Total payments made: $324 at the end of 4-months
Refer to training, CEUs, exam, recertification details below.
“The ITCA Program was one of the best certifications I have taken. I wish that USA Triathlon would use this format for its main certification.
The tools and the business aspect are invaluable. Your program was a basic undergrad program in exercise physiology and biomechanics and did a great job putting it all together. It was great because all types of learning were utilized. Lecture, reading, demonstration, etc. If I am going to spend money on improving myself as a professional this was by far the best investment.”