Sport Yoga Instructor Certification
4 Payment Option
Just $76.25 to start
**Coupon codes or discounts cannot be applied.** Payment Plan Terms and Policies
Sport Yoga is a comprehensive online yoga teacher training program for yoga enthusiasts, personal trainers, current yoga instructors, and wellness professionals.
- Easier for beginners to perform
- Faster for instructors to learn
- Based on Hatha yoga, covers traditional sports stretching
- Dynamic movement sequences for all types of athletes
Our easy-to-follow system gives you everything you need to become a qualified yoga instructor!
Your benefits of enrolling now:
- You will save time. You won’t have to wait for expensive workshops that MAY NOT be offered near your home.
- You will save money (no travel expenses, no time off work)
- You will become successful in the health and fitness industry while helping people feel better and improve their health
The course objectives:
- Learn teaching and leadership skills so you can lead a Sport Yoga class with confidence, capability, and the education to enable students to experience results
- Vision the potential of variability in human movement
- Memorize, dissect, and perform Sport Yoga postures
- Deepen an understanding of anatomy and physiology of the human body
- Understand biomechanically correct movements of the human body
- Learn the movement differences of stability, strength, power, endurance, flexibility, and mobility to create a class structure beneficial to students’ needs
- Analyze Sport Yoga postures and the students’ movement anatomical structure to create both regressions and progressions as needed for students
- Understand the difference between a movement asymmetry needing balance, and a sport-specific adaptation
- Communicate to the different learning styles of students to increase student success (visual learners, auditory learners, kinesthetic learners)
- Comprehend the bell-shaped curve structure of a Sport Yoga class to allow for a beneficial warm-up, focus, and cool down of class
- Learn the Praise-Correct-Praise method of giving feedback to allow students to feel supported by Sport Yoga teachers
- Adapt to leadership mentality to develop leaders in Sport Yoga students
- Assimilate learnings of the path of Yoga to implement yogic concepts and ideology into Sport Yoga classes
- Experience benefits of practicing the path of Yoga in regards to movement and Sport Yoga
You get EVERYTHING you need to begin your career as a yoga instructor!
Because of our special way of presenting the material, it is a simple process. The videos and manual move slowly and steadily through each pose, movement, and breathing pattern. You are able to pause the video and take notes or practice the movements at any time. The learning method is simple and straight forward.
I am so grateful for the NESTA certification programs. I completed the Sport Yoga program and started my own business two weeks later. The program is extremely well designed. It effectively combines written text along with a series of videos, which enable the student to thoroughly grasp each concept. I truly appreciated the accessibility to Dr. John Spencer Ellis and his staff. They are available to answer all questions, and encourage you to achieve your goals. There is absolutely no other certification program like it.
After completing the program, I felt 100% confident in my ability to pass along my knowledge to my students. As I mentioned earlier, I now have my own business in South Orange County, and I absolutely love what I do. Helping people attain their fitness goals and making a living doing it is a dream come true. I would encourage any fitness enthusiast to complete this program! Thanks so much NESTA!
• Is Sport Yoga only for athletes? Sport Yoga is an intentional program that leads to a proficient understanding of movements for any human who consistently challenges their body towards moving better and feeling better. Essentially, we are all athletes.
• Where should I teach Sport Yoga classes? Once certified, you can teach Sport Yoga classes anywhere! The world is your playground, and you will discover many opportunities to teach a class. You might hold your own independent classes, you might apply for studios or gym, or you might bring Sport Yoga to a school! Watch the webinar for details about all your opportunities.
• What is the maximum number of students I should have in class? The maximum number of students you should allow to take the class is the highest number of students that you can keep a safe eye on while upholding a competent and comfortable instruction
• How long are Sport Yoga classes? Sport Yoga classes are intentionally structured with a warm-up, peak, and cool down. As the instructor, you will decide how long the class needs to be to accomplish those. The average class time is 45 minutes – 90 minutes.
• Should I charge for Sport Yoga classes? Most definitely! You are a knowledgeable and capable individual who is sharing a high-value movement class to your students. If you are holding independent classes, you have an opportunity to connect to yourself and make the decision of the monetary number that is congruent with the value you are giving.
Movement Science Taught in the Course
– Flexibility is extending and contracting the muscle tissues, joints, and ligaments into a greater range of motion accepted by the nervous system. The flexibility of the individual depends on the range of motion at the specific tissue their own nervous system allows at that moment. To increase flexibility overtime, students keep returning back to the specific ranges of motion to communicate to their body to accept that angle of flexion or extension. The tissues are able to expand into new ranges of motion and increase passive flexibility. The tissue is capable of moving into that range of motion, and might not have control there.
– Mobility is active neuromuscular control of the range of motion within the muscle tissue, joints, and ligaments. The nervous system not only accepts the range of motion, but it also has the capability of neuromuscular engagement in the position. It is important to note the distinction between passive flexibility and active mobility. By training active mobility, and gaining nervous system control over ranges of motion, students gain flexibility as well. By contrast, increasing passive flexibility does not increase active mobility. As a Sport Yoga instructor, know your intention for your class and the achievable outcome you would like your students to work towards and create vocal cues accordingly.
– Strength is increasing the load capacity of the tissue to increase force output, the lactic energy system. Strength is the load-bearing capacity of the tissues and can be challenged and progressed with external weights, gravity, and bodyweight. The capability of the muscular tissue to handle and function under the load capacity improves with repetition and challenging the nervous system to perform a little more each time. In Sport Yoga classes, strength is a focus that can allow students to gain more control over their own body, and develop an understanding of their strength capacity, and how to challenge it in a safe, progressive manner to allow for strength increase over time.
– Power is the dynamic, alactic energy system. It is called alactic because it consists of the anaerobic energy system that produces energy prior to lactic build-up. Power is your ability to increase muscle fiber recruitment and force output in a short duration of time to create an explosive, powerful movement. It is the fastest movement you can experience up to about 12 seconds of time. This allows you to create a strong, reactive strength in your body, which can help with things such as preventing you from falling, or creating impressive, dynamic athletic movement! – Endurance is the aerobic energy system, that utilizes oxygen to produce energy. It gives you the ability to move your body for an extended period of time. This benefits you because it helps your body uphold a consistent amount of energy output over time. In Sport Yoga classes, this can be done by creating breath-to-movement postures that flow from one pose to the next, just enough to challenge the aerobic capacity of your students.
– Stability is the proprioceptive neuromuscular control of the body to isometrically hold a posture. This requires attentive awareness of the position of the body and engaging the amount of muscular effort needed to maintain stillness. Throughout the Sport Yoga postures, stability holds can range from subtle to challenging, depending upon what range of motion the tissues are in and the duration of the posture hold. Postures that practice stability can help the student improve the relationship to their body, brain and muscle communication, and balance.
Here’s an example of your potential income teaching Sport Yoga
Six of your neighbors want to take your Sport Yoga™ class. You hold a small class in a community recreation room or park, someone’s basement, or a converted garage. Each person pays $15 per class. You make $90 per class. It’s that simple! So, basically, you will teach less than 2 classes and become profitable!
You can also conduct workshops, clinics, and workplace yoga programs. You can make videos and start an online yoga community. Your possibilities are endless.
Turn your passion into profit while enhancing the lives of your clients.
REMEMBER: We are giving you a complete career and business training system for FREE.
Continuing Education Units: NESTA 1.5 CEUs, ISSA 20 CECs, Spencer Institute 1.5 CEUs, ITCA 1.5 CEUs, MMACA 1.5 CEUs
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Prerequisites: Moderate flexibility, comprehension of English, basic fitness experience
You will learn:
1. Your role as a mentor, guide, and example.
2. Proper communication, body and verbal language as a yoga instructor
3. The importance of being clear, consistent, and concise in describing each pose and movement.
4. You will have the knowledge to safely and effectively lead an individual and/or group in a Sport Yoga class with confidence and grace.
5. The fundamental biomechanics, kinesiology, and exercise science of yoga movements.
Learning Format: Self-paced, 100% online format of materials including detailed video lectures, demonstration videos, a comprehensive digital manual, and non-proctored online exam. Internet access is required. Immediate online access is provided upon order completion.
Online training materials are Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
The only technology you will need is an Adobe Reader.
Exam Requirements: To receive a Sport Yoga Certification of Completion, the following tasks must be accomplished:
• Independent study of Sport Yoga sections and a conceptualized understanding to the best of your ability
• Thorough viewing of Sport Yoga videos, including video lectures and practice classes.
• Completed “Elaboration Funsheet” after each Sport Yoga section.
• 3 recorded practice classes with an outline of Intention, Structure, Postures, and Outcome
• Passing of the Sport Yoga Cumulative Exam
• Completion of Sport Yoga Essay
Passing a 100 question, non-proctored online exam with 70% or higher. Three attempts at the exam are given. Results are known immediately.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Completion Time: Approximately 30-40 hours of study (complete within one year of purchase)
Earn the title of “Sport Yoga Instructor”
What are my career options? How will I make a living with this credential?
The great thing about becoming a NESTA Sport Yoga Instructor is that you have endless career and business opportunities. Some primary careers include: Working with clients at a gym, health club, fitness center, spa or resort. You can train and coach your clients indoors or outside. You can also operate your own facility. You can train and coach clients one-on-one in their home, your home, or your office.
Many experts with this credential train in groups to help more people and earn more money per hour. In addition, you can seek out alternative (and frequently very lucrative career opportunities) as a blogger, writer, podcast host, author, online content provider, online video host or publisher of digital education products. You can also offer your services online to individuals, small groups, or large groups.
You can use fun online communication/collaboration platforms such as Skype or Zoom for your training/coaching services.
You can become an expert for authority websites such as WebMD, eHow and Livestrong. You can become a frequent expert guest on podcasts, radio shows, TV talk shows, news programs or in industry publications. The list of opportunities is truly endless. Nothing is holding you back. So, go make a difference today!
4 Payment Option
Just $76.25 to start
**Coupon codes or discounts cannot be applied.** Payment Plan Terms and Policies