Biomechanics Specialist Certification
100% Online Course – Comprehensive Training – Certification – Complete Career System – Ongoing Support
Become a Certified Biomechanics Specialist, so you can enhance your knowledge, produce better results for your clients, and expand your fitness career options.
Welcome to the NESTA Biomechanics Specialist program.
This is one of the most comprehensive and in-depth programs NESTA offers you.
Understanding biomechanics, human movement, and joint function give you skills that quickly make you a high-level and highly respected fitness pro.
This educational course has been developed to empower you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully and safely qualitatively assess an individual from a biomechanical standpoint and customize their instruction. Biomechanics is the science that is at the heart of all personal training and coaching.
Please note that this course focuses on qualitative biomechanical analysis, so while there are some mathematical concepts that are reviewed, little to no math is required on the quizzes.
What is biomechanics, and why is it vital for all fitness professionals?
Biomechanics evaluates the motion and the actions of forces on that organism.
You will learn biomechanics as a combination of several different areas of study. This includes anatomy and physiology, kinematics (the study of motion without regard to its causes), kinesiology (the study of human movement) and kinetics (the study of forces acting on a system). Having this additional knowledge will give you a distinctive advantage over trainers and coaches who lack these special skills. Your clients will benefit by receiving better training, improved performance, and a reduction in injuries.
Your biomechanics course is comprehensive and yet presented in a very easy-to-follow format. Human biomechanics and the mechanical analysis of human performance come down to how the joints and muscles interact during motion and how the stress upon the joints hinders or helps movement during athletics.
1. Your interactive digital online manual to study at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home. Your manual contains 10 chapters covering an overview of the following sports sciences: Biomechanics, joint function, human kinetics, mechanical analysis, anatomy, kinetic chains & kinesiology.
2. Several comprehensive training videos with the extensive biomechanics study material in animated video format.
3. The biomechanics exam is taken online when you are ready.
This professional training course is the fastest way for you to become a high-level fitness professional, start today!
This biomechanics course is available at a significantly discounted rate in the Master Personal Trainer Bundle.
Main topics covered in the following order:
- Basic Biomechanical Principles
- Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Applied Biomechanical Principles
Components to the study material:
- A printable workbook to fill out as one goes through the program
- Video lectures serving as the main study resource
- Assessments: 6 Practice Quizzes (optional, and you can take them as many times as you want) and a Final Exam that must be completed to earn the designation of Biomechanics Specialist (NOTE: The Final Exam will randomly draw from the SAME test question pool as the 6 Practice Quizzes)
- Sources of information:
- Biomechanics training material from NESTA (including some review material from the NESTA PFT)
- University level lectures in Advanced Anatomy and Kinesiology.
- Applied Biomechanics from NESTA’s upcoming program EMIS (Exercise Mechanics Instructional Series)
Continuing Education Units:
4.0 NESTA CEUs, 1.9 NASM CEUs, 20 ISSA CECs, 2.0 Spencer Institute CEUs, 2.0 MMACA CEUs, 2.0 ITCA CEUs (enough for recertification with the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification)
Prerequisites: Basic Anatomy Knowledge
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Learning Format: Self-paced, 14 action-packed hours of comprehensive and easy-to-follow online training videos, informative and fun lectures, color graphs, easy-to-understand charts, and a detailed, printable workbook. You also receive the E.M.I.S. – Exercise Mechanics Instructional Series videos detailing the proper biomechanics of popular gym equipment.
Exam Requirement: Exam is multiple-choice, 100 question exam. Passing requirement is 70% or higher. Three attempts are given. Results are known instantly.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Completion Time Recommendation Approximately 3-4 weeks (complete within one year of purchase)
After successful completion, you will earn the professional title of “Certified Biomechanics Specialist” on your certificate (additional shipping fee applies).