Sports Nutrition Specialist Certification
100% Online Course – Comprehensive Training – Certification – Complete Career System – Ongoing Support
Gain The Knowledge and Professional Credential So You Can Help Your Clients Enhance Their Sports and Fitness Performance
- Learn cutting-edge techniques for increasing sports performance, reducing recovery time, and enhancing the overall well-being of your clients and athletes.
- Enhance your professional credibility and lifetime earning potential.
- You will be given specific tools, strategies, and detailed information to help you improve the performance and nutritional habits for your clients and athletes ranging from weekend warriors to top-level professionals.
- To provide trainers and coaches information on advanced levels of the nutritional intake needs for sport and competition
- To present the latest, current science on the topic of performance nutrition
- To provide training material for the practical application of the information learned – this knowledge separates the typical “nutritionist” from those considered “Specialists.”
Sports Nutrition Specialist
Additional shipping fees & delivery times applies to students living outside of North America.
Refer to training, CEUs, and exam details below.
Clients are demanding a trainer/coach with extensive knowledge of sports nutrition. Enroll now and quickly become a leader in the sports performance and sports nutrition fields, so you can get more clients and secure your future.
It’s been said that 80% of success in sports and fitness comes from nutrition.
While no one can say for sure if that is the exact percentage dictating success, we do know and understand nutrition is often the missing piece to the puzzle. And, until they gain the knowledge and earn the credential, most trainers and coaches, are only guessing what to do for their clients.
For everyone from the weekend warrior to elite athletes, nutrition is crucial to optimizing physical and mental performance on and off the field.
What does this mean for you? It means you must have an understanding of sound nutrition principles, from the latest guidelines and practical tips on nutrition timing and hydration to dietary supplements and specific fueling tactics. Your client’s workouts and results will improve tenfold when they understand what it takes to fuel their bodies properly.
There is no other program available today that is more current and covers such a variety of important topics. Proper nutrition is truly the foundation that separates good athletes from great athletes and helps your clients get the results they need.
The NESTA Sports Nutrition Specialist program provides you with the knowledge to be a trusted source of sports nutrition information. The knowledge to differentiate between nutrition fact and nutrition myths. Nutrition can be confusing to your clients, with conflicting opinions and ideas about the fuels to choose, the 29,000+ dietary supplements available, and what and how much to drink.
This program cuts through all that hype and provides you with a scientifically sound program that is based on science with strategies that work in the lab and on the field.
As a Sports Nutrition Specialist, you will strategically guide your clients to get the most out of every workout because they will be properly fueled and operating at a peak level. You will help them feel their best by developing an energizing, performance-enhancing nutrition plan, tailored to their body’s specific requirements. You will also learn how to enhance your client’s workouts and maximize their results with proper nutrition, safe and effective sports supplements, and beneficial vitamins and minerals.
As energy, nutrient, and fluid recommendations need to be very specific for athletes, and their individual needs must be both understood and considered. You will learn how the overall health of the athlete, the athlete’s unique nutrient needs and performance goals of their activities or competition all become aspects you can influence through your knowledge as a Specialist and your actions will also require you to play the role of the Coach as well.
Periodization has become necessary at this level of participation. With this in mind, nutrition planning is most effective when it mirrors training. Nutrition planning is therefore mapped out in cycles that match the training of the athlete’s periodization. Specificity, goals, and food preferences become just part of intake strategies you devise with your athlete/client.
Energy balance is a vital concept to individualize for each client. This requires determining energy requirements (different formulas are used; TEE, BMR, TET and TEA), an evaluation of different assessments used to determine BMR and EA (Energy Availability) become an important part of your strategies for your client. This vital balance and measure are based on optimal health and function (i.e. performance) beyond baseline nutrition and what is already available for Physical Activity (PA).
Your training will include ways to help your athlete/client reach performance goals concurrently with the latest science, related to the following topics:
- Barriers to proper nutrition strategies
- The science of performance nutrition
- Chemistry and Biology
- Physiology Review
- The application of nutrition science for greater performance outcomes
- Physiology of Nutrition
- Carbohydrate needs for high-performance athletes
- Protein and the optimal timing of its intake for metabolic adaptations
- Dietary strategies for proper fat intake
- Understanding the unique micronutrient requirements for athlete clients
- Antioxidants and their function and protection from oxidative damage
- Performance, Recovery and “Event” Eating
Hydration and electrolyte balance for athletes and optimal performance requires proper hydration levels to be maintained. The Specialist learns the importance of hydration on metabolic factors related to muscular contractions and the negative effects of poor hydration and thermal strain in athletes.
- Supplements play a significant role in your athlete’s training support systems; their effects on body composition, performance, and immune support are discussed as part of your training. You will learn the most important supplements to consider for recommending to clients.
- Problems with this category of nutrition are explored; this includes beliefs related to boosting energy, hidden ingredients, and dosing concerns.
- Understanding the special needs of vegetarian/vegan athletes is part of the responsibilities of the SNS, so that macronutrient intake is sufficient for training and competition. You will learn to address the special needs of this group.
- Based on the different climates in which athletes train, the effects of their environment can become factors we need to consider, including:
When you become a Certified Sports Nutrition Specialist, your career options expand instantly:
- Offer Sports Nutrition Coaching to your existing clients who participate in sports
- Add a revenue stream to your boot camp, sports coaching or personal training business
- Add online Sports Nutrition Coaching to your business, and serve people around the world
- Write an ebook, make an audio lesson, create an online video series, or add Sports Nutrition as a topic for your lectures and presentations
- You can also complete the NESTA Sports Nutrition Specialist program for your own athletic success
Continuing Education Units: NESTA 2.0 CEUs, ITCA 2.0 CEUs, MMACA 2.0 CEUs, ISSA 15 CECs, NASM 1.0, Spencer Institute 2.0 CEUs
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Learning Format: Self-paced, 100% online format of materials, including in-depth comprehensive digital manuals, and non-proctored online exam. Internet access is required. Content is provided in an online format which is accessed through a secure online website. Sports Nutritionist
- Once you register, you will be directed to create your student account. You may begin your studies immediately after registering, or log in to your student account later to start your studies.
- The materials will be released to you at one time. You can test when you are ready.
- You may take up to one year to complete the program and review the materials as often as you like. You will immediately know the results after you take your test. Most students finish within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Online training materials are Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- The only technology you will need is an Adobe Reader.
Exam Requirements: Passing a 100 multiple choice, non-proctored online exam with 70% or higher. Three attempts at the exam are given. Results are known immediately.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Completion Time Recommendation: Complete within one year of purchase
You will earn the title of “Certified Sports Nutrition Specialist”
Register Now and Start Your Successful Sports Nutrition Career!
Sports Nutrition Specialist
NESTA 4-Month Payment Plan
No credit check. Only credit or debit card required.
Coupon codes or discounts cannot be applied to payment plans or special offers
Exam may only be accessed after all payments have been receive
Payment Plan Terms:
$94/MO automatically debited/credited every 30 days, for the next 4-months
(includes one-time $30 processing fee)
Total payments made: $376 at the end of 4-months
Refer to training, CEU's and exam details below.