Group Exercise Instructor Certification
100% Online Course – Comprehensive Training – Certification – Complete Career System – Ongoing Support
Teaching a fitness class to a group of people is so fun. I get excited each day when the class begins to fill and I get in front of the class. It’s rewarding for me and great from the entire group!” – Karen Barton, Palm Springs, CA
When you enroll, you will learn muscular anatomy, group exercise physiology, how to teach group classes that will include a warm-up, cardio training (low-high), sculpting, cool-down, stretch and much more. Remember, we are also giving you a complete career and business training system as our gift to you.
Here’s what you are going to receive:
1. Comprehensive digital manual (easily printed) in PDF format to study at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home.
Your Manual’s Contents:
Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 1.1 Introduction to Group Exercise
- Section 1.2 The Fitness Industry
Section 2 – The Science of Exercise
- Section 2.1 Kinesiology
- Section 2.2 The Kinetic Chain
- Section 2.3 The Skeletal System
- Section 2.4 The Muscular System
- Section 2.5 Functional Muscular Anatomy
- Section 2.6 Introduction to Exercise Physiology
- Section 2.7 Metabolism & Energy Systems
- Section 2.8 The Cardiovascular System
- Section 2.9 Proper Fuel: Nutrition Basics
Section 3 – Group Exercise Instruction
- Section 3.1 Choreography & Class Building
- Section 3.2 Equipment and Tools for Teaching
- Section 3.4 Cueing & Learning Styles
- Section 3.5 The “It Factor”
Section 4 – Safety, Liability & Scope of Practice
- Section 4.1 Safety
- Section 4.2 Liability & Scope of Practice
2. Extensive and Detailed Training Videos covering all aspects of group exercise instruction and techniques.
You also receive bonus video training with a renowned group fitness instructor and NESTA VP, Scott Gaines, discussing common concerns, issues, challenges, success strategies, and methods of world-class group fitness instructors.
3. Extensive Bonus Video Training from a wide range of group fitness formats and systems to better round out your knowledge.
4. Non-proctored exam to complete when you are ready.
Continuing Education Units: 2.0 NESTA CEUs, 20 ISSA CECs, 2.0 Spencer Institute CEUs, 2.0 MMACA CEUs, 2.0 ITCA CEUs
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Learning Format: Self-paced, 100% online training, comprehensive digital manual (easily printed), detailed and easy-to-follow training videos, and a non-proctored exam. 24/7 lifetime access to the training materials even after graduating.
- Online training materials are Microsoft Windows, Mac and mobile compatible.
- The only technology you will need is an Adobe Reader.
Exam Requirement: Passing a 100 multiple choice, a non-proctored online exam with 70% or higher. Three attempts at the exam are given. Results are given at the end of the exam.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the third exam attempt.
Completion Time: Approximately 3-4 weeks (must complete within one year of purchase)
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Group Exercise Instructor” on your certificate.