How to Pivot from Exercise Instruction to Sports and Fitness Psychology and Mindset Training
- What if your gym closed for good?
- What if the expenses just became too great?
- What if having a physical (brick and mortar) location has just become too much?
- What if you want to train clients at home, but don’t have room?
- What if COVID-19 has caused you to re-evaluate your entire business model?
- What if you’ve trained clients for 10+ years and just want to try something new?
We all come to points in our health, fitness, wellness or nutrition careers when we want to pivot and try something new. Our lives are forever evolving.
As you read in our official position statement and industry prediction post, now is the time to fine-tune your education, mindset, career and how you operate your business. We repeat… BE NIMBLE.
So, let’s get back to your option to pivot from training to coaching. Why would you now consider doing this?
Here are some reasons to pivot now:
- If COVID-19 has made operating a gym too much of a pain
- If COVID-19 has made you realize working from home is appealing
- If you want to stay in fitness or sports performance, but want a change
- If you enjoy the mindset of success as much as the physical aspect
- If you want the freedom to work anywhere you have WiFi or 2 chairs
- You realize that sports and fitness success is (at least) 80% mental
If you’re a personal trainer, you know all too well that getting a client motivated and focused is a huge challenge. It’s possible you just didn’t have the right tools, strategies, methods, training, experience, examples or credentials to get them to MOVE.
If you have been teaching any type of group exercise, you know there are anyways some people who learn more quickly, pay better attention, get faster results and become leaders. WHY? Why does this happen? It’s likely not what you are thinking now. There are more deep reasons why these things happen. What if you had the insight to unravel the mystery and apply these lessons to more people (even yourself)?
Let’s talk about how you can add sports psychology, mind-body methods and mindset training to your income/business model.
YOU HAVE CHOICES:
- You can simply quit what you were doing before and pivot 180 degrees and start coaching in these areas of expertise. You likely already have all the technology you need. If not, we show you exactly what to do. Much is free. Everything else is almost free. The drawback to this rapid pivot is that the income from your old source stops. You need money to assist in the transition. However, if COVID-19 stopped your other source of income, just go for it, and move fast.
- You can slowly integrate this type of coaching with your existing clients, and market your coaching services to new clients. This way you have no drop-off in income. In fact, it will likely just increase.
- You can leave your training business as it is, and just run a separate coaching business on the side.
- You may have never started your training business, but like the idea of coaching instead. Just do it right from the start.
HOW YOU CAN OFFER YOUR COACHING SERVICES:
- You can work with fitness enthusiasts who lack motivation and focus for a general exercise routine
- You can work with schools and help the school’s youth athletes
- You can work with elite athletes in any sport
- You can work with all athletes within a certain sport
- You can offer 1-on-1 coaching in-person from your home
- You can offer 1-on-1 coaching in-person in your client’s home
- You can offer 1-on-1 coaching in-person via Zoom/Skype
- You can offer group coaching in-person
- You can offer group coaching online
- You can offer group coaching to families who want to exercise together
- You can offer hybrid programs (in-person & online)
- You can offer hybrid programs (30 minutes of coaching and 30 minutes of fitness training)
- You can travel the world and coach via Zoom or Skype
- You can see the country in an RV while coaching via Zoom or Skype
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
As you likely know by now, NESTA and Spencer Institute have well over 25 courses, certifications and business systems to help you build a totally customized career and business. You have the choice to add and combine the programs in any way which serves you and your clients best.
In regard to pivoting to “mental training” from “fitness training,” this is what we recommend as a foundation:
- You will want to enroll in the Spencer Institute Sports Psychology Coach Certification. We’ve learned that many of our certified coaches actually work with fitness enthusiasts as much as athletes of various levels.
- You will want to enroll in the Spencer Institute Mind Body Fitness Coach Certification. This course is also science-based, and also includes more of an experiential, holistic and “organic” approach to mental wellness through movement.
- You will want to consider adding Stress Management Coaching to your services. Stress affects sleep, focus, motivation, hormones, recovery and more. This niche ties in perfectly with your pivot.
- You will want to consider adding Sleep Science Coaching to your services. There is much more to sleep than what you may think. It’s so complex, there are now board certifications for medical doctors in sleep science. Everything that happens in our bodies (good and bad) begins and ends with sleep). It’s really complex. You will be astonished by what YOU DON’T KNOW YET.
THIS IS THE REALLY GREAT PART:
With any of the courses listed above, we’re giving you a complete online coach training course. This training course is MASSIVE and EASY-TO-FOLLOW. You will learn exactly how to develop your niche, build your brand, build an audience, make compelling videos, run profitable Facebook and Instagram ads, get clients from Pinterest, build a YouTube channel, create online courses, get ranked on Google, coach clients using various technologies, ethically reduce your taxes and much, much more. Yes, we’re giving this to you FREE when you enroll in any of the above certifications. No more stress and wondering how to make your business a success. We’ve done everything for you.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
Feel excited about this new opportunity. The world constantly changes. It’s only a problem if you stress and don’t have options. You are in control and you have options. And, we have the solutions for you. We’ve done the hard work for you. You just need to apply the information. Think about what you want most such as quality of life, free time, family time, higher profit margins, less stress and fewer moving parts for less to think about each day.
Then decide which certification(s) are best for you and your goals.
Take action. We’re here to guide you each step of the way.