Group Exercise Instructor
Comprehensive digital manual (easily printed), in-depth training videos, and non-proctored exam. 100% Online accelerated format.
Become a Group Fitness Instructor
If you are enthusiastic, and you love to teach group exercise classes, this program is for you!
This course is the best way to advance your career as a group exercise instructor. You will learn muscular anatomy, how to teach group exercise classes that will include a warm-up, cardiorespiratory section (low-high), sculpting, cool-down and stretch, and much more.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted that employment for fitness trainers and group exercise instructors will grow 27% by 2016, “much faster than the average for all occupations!”
What you receive in this complete group fitness training course
1. Comprehensive digital manual (easily printed) in PDF format to study at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home. Included in the manual:
- Detailed training videos of key concepts of teaching group exercise classes
- Easy-to-follow video text segments giving you tips, strategies and specific teaching methods throughout the video training
- Muscular Anatomy as it pertains to various group exercise classes
- How to put a group fitness class together – including music, choreography, body sculpting exercises, stretching, and more!
2. Training video with Group Exercise Instruction technique videos.
3. Audio training lesson on group fitness principles and practices.
4. Non-proctored exam to complete when you are ready.
Act now and start your career today!
Group Exercise Instructor Course Details
Author: Fitness Expert/Award Winning Fitness Professional Norma Shechtman, BS, MS, MA has talents and expertise that are well documented, ultimately leading to the Fitness Professional of the Year Award. Previously, Norma was nominated as one of the top three fitness professionals in the world. She holds a bachelors and masters degree in education and a masters degree in kinesiology. Norma holds certifications in Pilates, personal training, group fitness, kickboxing, indoor cycling, water fitness and many others. In addition, Norma travels the world presenting the latest training information to fitness professionals.
Continuing Education Units: NESTA 1.5 CEUs, Spencer Institute 1.5 CEUs, ISSA 15 CEUs
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of group fitness.
Learning Format: Comprehensive digital manual (easily printed), detailed training videos, and non-proctored exam. 100% Online accelerated format.
Exam Requirement: Passing a 100 multiple choice, non-proctored written exam with 85% or higher. Two attempts at the exam are given. Results are emailed.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the second exam attempt.
Completion Time: Approximately 3-4 weeks (must complete within one year of purchase)
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Group Exercise Instructor” on your certificate.