Heart Rate Performance Specialist
Online PowerPoint lectures, comprehensive digital manual, and non-proctored online exam. 100% accelerated online format.
Stop guessing if your training methods are working. BE SMART and start monitoring!
- The American Heart Association recommends that you use target heart rates to “measure your initial fitness level and monitor your progress in a fitness program.”
- Now you can objectively design (no math, no estimations, and no guesswork) ideal heart rate training zones.
- Hold your clients accountable by monitoring and evaluating their progress every step of the way, and get better results.
- Save over $100: Buying a POLAR HR monitor bundled with our HRP program saves you between $120 and $150 over buying them
Stand out in the crowd…offer your clients high-level results!
When all the other trainers are just guessing, you will have the knowledge and the credentials.
Using a heart rate monitor is the most objective way to listen to your heart and track your progress, and it can help your clients avoid heart disease.
Whether you want to train to improve your performance or simply want to lead a healthier lifestyle, the most effective way to do both is to listen to your body. Of course, if you have no way of understanding it, you have no way of knowing what it’s telling you. That’s why Polar heart rate and activity monitors are so essential – they help you listen and understand your body more effectively.
But how do they work? Well, as you get fitter by training with your heart rate monitor, your heart is able to pump more blood with every beat. The upshot of this is that your heart doesn’t have to beat as often to get the required oxygen to your muscles, which in turn decreases your resting and exercise heart rate. As a result of training, your muscles utilize the oxygen better, meaning you can put more effort in and still maintain the same heart rate.
On the other hand, with activity monitoring you can measure your health beneficial movement and track your activity level to accurately record information about your active time, intensity and calorie expenditure.
When all of these things happen, Polar products make sense of it all so that you are in tune with your body to act on what its really telling you.
And that leads to a healthier, fitter you.
Here are some important questions that you must answer about the training results of your current fitness clients and performance athletes:
- Do you objectively know how hard they are actually working?
- Can you truly determine accurate rest/recovery and work periods by mere observation?
- Are you willing to merely accept “better than average” results?
- Do you know what they’re really doing when they aren’t with you?
- Are you maximizing their metabolic conditioning and energy pathway utilization?
- Can you objectively identify whether they are working aerobically or anaerobically?
Now you can observe how hard your clients and athletes are working. You will be able to determine the precise amount of rest/recovery time between sets and workouts. You will actually be able to determine if they did exactly what you told them to do. And you will be able to monitor and evaluate their progress every step of the way.
With only this program and your Polar Heart Rate Monitor, you can now ensure your clients and athletes:
- Train at the right intensity all the time, every day
- Know and improve VO2max in as little as 4-6 weeks
- Automatically record each workout sessions
- Total duration in hours, minutes, and seconds
- Intensity as a % of maximum heart rate
- Calories burned
- Maximum, minimum, and average heart rate
- Are held accountable for their own efforts
- Optimize fat burning
- Increase their lactate threshold and performance
As the trainer and coach you will now be able to:
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly progress through automatically recorded data
- Assess VO2max, resting heart rate, and heart rate variability at will
- Design the appropriate FITTRR (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type, Rest/Recovery, and Rate of Progression) variables with helpful tutorials and specialized “plug-and-play” forms
- Create specific programs for each fitness client, and athlete based on sport or position in sport
Whether you are an experienced trainer or coach, or a beginner, you cannot rely on subjective performance assessments of the FITTRR variables in your programming. If you are to truly be an elite trainer or coach, you must add objective assessment measures to better program, monitor, and evaluate workout progress.
Get NESTA’s Heart Rate Performance Specialist program, and start training better today!
Heart Rate Performance Specialist Details
Continuing Education Units: NESTA 2 CEUs, ISSA 16 CECs, NASM 1.9 CEUs, NSCA 0.8 CEUs
Recertification Requirements: None. Certificate does not expire
Learning Format: Online format of materials including video PowerPoint lectures, comprehensive digital manual, and non-proctored online exam. Internet access is required. Content is provided in an online format which is accessed through an online secure website.
Once your register, you will be directed to create your student account. You may begin your studies immediately after registering, or log in to your student account later to start your studies.
The materials will be released to you at one time. You can test when you are ready.
You may take up to one year to complete the program, and review the materials as often as you like. You will immediately know the results after you take your test. Most students finish within 1 – 2 weeks.
The only technology you will need is an Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash video player.
Both of these are installed on 98% of all computers.
If needed, they are FREE: Get Adobe Reader or Get Adobe Flash player
Exam Requirement: Passing a 100 multiple choice, non-proctored online exam with 85% or higher. Two attempts at the exam are given. Results are known immediately.
Retest Fee: $95 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the second exam attempt.
Completion Time: Approximately 3-4 weeks (complete within one year of purchase)
Earn the title of “Heart Rate Performance Specialist”