Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
Enhanced interactive digital manual, over 10 Hours of video training (lectures and demonstrations), PDF note packets, comprehensive audio lessons, plus proctored certification exam included. 100% accelerated online program.
Become a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Fitness clubs and gyms are hiring our personal trainers. Become a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer to get hired faster.
Most fitness centers and health clubs require an Personal Fitness Trainer Certification like NESTA’s.
These clubs (and many others) accept NESTA’s certification:
Enjoy the ultimate fitness career!
Now is the best time to secure your future as a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer.
- Help your clients get in shape safely and effectively
- Start your fitness career at a gym of your choice
- Train athletes and special populations
- Start your own successful independent fitness business
- Enjoy your dream life; live your passion
Why Choose the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification?
Most certifications are only valid 2 years. However, NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification lasts 4 years! This saves you money now, and in the future.
NESTA teaches you easy-to-follow and cutting edge business skills you need to land your dream job and get more training clients.
100% online training program: Instant access, no waiting, study at your own pace! from your home, office or on the go.
The NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is recognized by the National Board of Fitness Examiners
The CDR (Commission on Dietetic Registration) has approved NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) Certification program as a CDR-approved certification. Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietetic Technicians may complete the NESTA PFT certification for 75 CPEUs.
NESTA’s Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is GI Bill approved and offers special rates to U.S. troops and veterans. Click here for more info.
The NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is registered with the the U.S. Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line program.
What do you get?
You will enjoy your training program in our state-of-the-art online classroom.
- New and Enhanced Interactive Online Digital Manual- expanded by more than 25% with updated sections in exercise physiology, biomechanics, and business development (easily downloaded and printed)
- Certification exam – 125 question, 2 hour proctored multiple choice exam.
- Over 10 Hours of Step-by-Step Video Lectures and Demonstrations
- Listen online or download mp3 interviews & discussions - business, nutrition and program design
- New Online Learning Portal
- Download all your materials on demand
- 17 Detailed and Easy-to-Follow Interactive Lessons to Guide you smoothly through the program
- Notes Packets so you get the most out of each presentation
- Review Questions to prepare you for the NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Exam
The Personal Fitness Trainer Manual
The official manual (delivered in digital PDF format) uses interactive animations to explain scientific concepts and their applications for the personal trainer. Each chapter contains study questions which will prepare you to pass your certification exam.
The following content areas are covered within the interactive digital manual:
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Personal Training
Chapter 2 - Exercise Physiology
Chapter 3 - Kinesiology and Functional Anatomy
Chapter 4 - Applied Biomechanics
Chapter 5 - Flexibility
Chapter 6 - Nutrition
Chapter 7 - Special Populations
Chapter 8 - Assessments
Chapter 9 - Program Design
Chapter 10 - Exercise Application
Chapter 11 - Safety, Injury Prevention and Treatment
Chapters 12-14 - Business Strategies and Applications for the Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Becoming a NESTA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer truly changed my life. I instantly got hired at a top-rated gym and I am booked solid with great clients. I love my career.
Personal Fitness Training Videos
33 instructional videos with 3D animations and graphics make learning much easier and more exciting.
Learn about the NESTA System of Personal Training Success, Exercise Physiology, Functional Anatomy & Kinesiology, Muscular Anatomy, Biomechanics, Flexibility, Special Populations, and more.
BONUS: NESTA teaches you how to promote your services as a trainer, get more high-quality clients, and to help you make more money doing what you enjoy!
Personal Fitness Training Audio lessons
Business Fundamentals Audio Lessons
Strategies on how you’ll succeed in personal training with NESTA CEO John Spencer Ellis
Program Design Fundamentals Audio Lessons
An in-depth analysis for designing an effective and efficient program with fast and impressive results for your clients
Nutrition Fundamentals Audio Lessons
Discussion with Chris Mohr, RD, PhD, on nutrition and helping your clients make the best choices for optimal health and nutrition
The NESTA System of Personal Fitness Training Success
An easy-to-follow method to jump start your personal training career…
3 easy steps to your personal training success
1. Assess - Learn exactly where to start with your clients for maximum progression
Young, old, in-shape, out-of-shape, special needs…learn the in’s and out’s of proper assessment.
2. Design - Easily design a killer program that will get results!
Your clients will sing your praises for a custom program that dodges injuries and catapults them to their goals.
3. Instruct - Guide your clients to an amazing new level of fitness
Applying the science doesn’t have to be complicated, and we’ll show you how.
3 steps to your business success
1. Sales - Sell without “selling”
“If you build your business, they will come.” Find out why you don’t have to be a pushy salesman to get clients.
2. Referrals - The #1 most powerful marketing tool in the world
Word of mouth. How to use it to get referrals and keep the business rolling in.
3. Marketing - Learn the simple yet effective marketing secrets that other trainers don’t know
At that job interview or running your own business, you won’t have to worry about your competition, they’ll be worrying about you! Get the proven strategies and tactics that other certification companies won’t teach you.
We prepare you for success on the test
Know what’s on the test.
Special hints placed throughout the manual called “exam alerts” point out the material that is likely to be on the test.
If you like more details…
If you are someone who wants more detail, or wants to know more than what appears on the test? We have provided “Xtras for Xperts” just for you. These 3D animation videos and PDF documents go deeper into the science and concepts presented in the manual.
Active and retired military veterans can use the G.I. Bill to help pay for the
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification.
The Personal Fitness Trainer program is available at a discounted rate in the Master Personal Trainer Bundle.
After working out for many years and training people along the way I decided to take a couple of the exams that NESTA offered. It turned out to be the best decision I could have made. My fitness career is on the fast track to success.
When potential clients see the official NESTA seal on my business card, they feel assured they’re choosing a true fitness professional. The expertise I gained with NESTA has put me way ahead of my competition.
NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Details
Requirements for you to become a NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer
1. 18 years of age or older
2. High school diploma or GED
- 125 question, 2-hour proctored multiple choice
- For help, please call an education coordinator at 877-348-6692
Prior to May 1, 2014:
- NESTA exam enrollment must be paid in full
- PFT exam candidates will take the exam at a Prometric testing center in your area. Please visit our Prometric Exam Requirements page for more information and exam locations.
After May 1, 2014:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a Valid CPR card prior to testing
- NESTA exam enrollment must be paid in full
- PFT exam candidates will take the exam at a PSI testing center in your area. Please visit our PSI Exam Requirements page for more information and exam locations.
Please refer to the Personal Fitness Trainer Exam Candidate Handbook for details.
Proctored Exam Fees and Extensions
Students who did not meet the exam passing requirements can purchase a retest 30 days from the date of the exam by clicking the “fees” tab here, or by calling our offices at 866-348-6692. Exam extensions can also be purchased on the same page.
Certification exam procedure for Military students living outside of the U.S. and Canada
Please refer to our Military exam requirements and procedures.
Recertification and Continuing Education Process
The NESTA ECB requires its certified personal fitness trainer (PFT) to complete 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over a four year period. Each 0.1 CEU is worth one hour of study time or one contact hour in a live training format.
For more details on recertification, please click here.
To purchase the PFT Complete, use the registration button at the top of this page.