Functional Training Specialist Certification
100% Online Course – Comprehensive Training – Certification – Complete Career System – Ongoing Support
Whether the goal is aesthetics or performance, proper functional fitness training will improve both. The main goal of most gym members, or fitness enthusiasts, is how they look more than “function.” However, function is proven to improve not only sport and work performance, but physical appearance as well. Learn these essential skills and become a top-level fitness professional.
What is Functional Training?
Functional training is the use of exercises which involve complex, multi-joint movements of the upper body, core, and lower body in each exercise. Just because the body CAN move in a given direction, does not necessarily mean that it should be reinforced through repetitive movement patterns, with explosive tempo and/or heavy loads. We need more information before making such choices.
- The program focuses on the premise that FUNCTION is based on STRUCTURE. Since “functional” can be such an ambiguous term in the fitness industry, we need to show how this concept encapsulates all the other definitions. Hence, it is a functional anatomy course with functional application exercises. You learn how it all fits together.
- Built with university-level, advanced anatomy and kinesiology lectures (detailed and easy-to-follow format)
- Applied functional exercises based on foundational human movement patterns: Hinge, Squat, Push, Pull, Walking/Running (Gait), Carry and Crawl
- Foundational human movement patterns are paired with their most relative anatomical lectures
5 Pairs of Modules:
- Hip/Core: Hinge
- Knee/Ankle/Foot: Squat
- Shoulder Complex: Push
- Elbow/Wrist/Hand: Pull
- Biomechanics of Gait: Carry and Crawl
- Review quizzes at the end of each of the Functional Anatomy modules for practice (does not count for or against you and you can take as many times as you’d like)
- The final exam is made up of the same questions as the quizzes
Your fitness training clients want you to have these advanced skills, so you can solve their challenges with movement and body function.
Your fitness or sports coaching business will get a financial boost from all the new clients you can serve!
This program is available at a discounted rate in the Master Personal Trainer Bundle.