Claim Your FREE Issues now. Get the BRAND NEW Issue #10, or get them all.
A message from the Publisher:
You Will Want to be Different as a Trainer or Coach Different = Memorable and Unique
Have you ever heard the saying, “Why are you trying to t in, when you were born to stand out?” I have always liked the quote. Not enough people follow that advice but should.
When you “ t in” with everyone else – in life or business – you lose part of what makes you special,
unique and memorable. Think about the people you can recall most easily who are dynamic, memorable
and compelling. Do they blend in or stand out? I bet you can go through this process with 10 people and get the same result.
If you are trying to be like every other trainer, coach or expert, nobody will understand why you are special. Why would they choose you? You need to give them a compelling reason.
If there are 10 personal trainers in your city, and they all tell prospects “WE GET RESULTS”…… who do you choose?
If there are 6 health coaches running video ads on Facebook, how would a potential client know who to contact for a consultation? Here are 5 ways you can stand out as a unique expert in your niche:
1. Be the one who is everywhere all the time. This means you make a commitment to creating content each day that can be shared on multiple social media platforms. You stand out simply by always being top of mind because nobody else can keep pace with you. Of course, this content needs to be valuable and lled with information people want and need.
2. Be the expert in your niche who attends all the live events for your niche. Soon, you will be perceived as a top expert. When you do everything else mentioned in this article, in addition to attending all these events regularly, you will soon be a prospect to speak at these events as well. Do the work.
3. Change the pricing, o er or package so your structure is completely than others in your niche. If everyone is o ering 5-10 session packages, you can o er monthly programs instead. By the way, this is just a better way to structure your business regardless. If other coaches do not o er nutrition with XYZ program, you can and should. If nobody else is o ering XYZ at 6:00PM, and out why. Maybe they made a mistake, and you can o er a class at that time.
4. Update your dress and appearance. Let’s be honest, MANY people just don’t care enough to go the extra mile to look sharp. Invest a little more time and a few more dollars to get the better shirt, dress, suit, apparel, etc. Get a haircut more frequently when needed. Don’t look sloppy. Smell good. Whiten your teeth. Do a spa day and look refreshed. Care more than others do about appearance. Nobody ever “lost points” for looking fantastic. However, people will discount you if it looks like you don’t care. That’s just the way it works.
5. Be the coach or trainer who is simply smarter, more articulate, more well-educated and more highly-credentialed. When you are the most knowledgeable person in your niche, even other experts refer to you as the go-to person. You should do something signi cant every single day to become smarter. Yes, every day!
Remember, you are meant to stand out. Trainers and coaches who stand out get to help more people, are more often viewed as leaders in the eld, and because of all this, often earn much more as well.
Be a standout!
The NESTA Team
Publishers of Personal Trainer Magazine CEO of NESTA
National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association
In Personal Trainer Magazine, you will enjoy articles and discussions on the following topics: Emerging trends, interviews with trainers in the top 2% on the industry, how to get more clients online, how to automate the things you dislike, how to create multiple streams of income, how to add reoccurring income models, how to network with A-players, which live events are worth attending, which education programs give you the best advantage, which certifications give you CEUs and needed skills, how to create sales funnels, how to make sales easy, how to do effective email marketing, how to use text message marketing, how to get ranked on Google, how to become a celebrity trainer, how to develop a profitable niche, how to go from one-on-one to group fitness, how to reduce overhead and much, much more. Dive in now! Choose your magazine format and get started in 30 seconds from right now!
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD of All ISSUES Get only the you want, or grab them all! You can also redeem your $300 Restaurant Certificate when you get your magazine