Employee or Entrepreneur Route?
Have you been thinking about which direction to take with your career?
Are you working in a club, gym, resort, spa or fitness center as an employee?
Or, do you do some type of coaching/training work independently as an entrepreneur?
There are benefits and drawback to each. Have you thought about this much?
Here is a list of benefits of being an employee:
1. You are more likely to have predictable income
2. You may not have to “sell” as much
3. You may get health insurance
4. You may get paid holidays
5. You are done working when your shift/class is over
Here is a list of drawbacks of being an employee:
1. You have a definite cap on your income
2. You may have little control over your schedule
3. You will need to follow more rules
4. You may not be allowed to offer any competing services outside your facility.
5. You may get bored over time if each week is too routine
Here is a list of benefits of being an entrepreneur:
1. No cap on what you can make each month
2. Total control of your schedule
3. Design your niche/business any way you like
4. Freedom to work from home or online
5. Great sense of pride
(BONUS): Greater tax benefits
Here is a list of drawbacks of being an entrepreneur:
1. 100% responsible for your success or failure
2. You may work more hours
3. You have to hustle
4. You will have to know your numbers
5. You need the confidence to do really well
Of course, there are more that can be added to each of these lists. However, this gives you a good idea of the major points to consider.
So, what is most important to you?
How do you want to spend each day?
How do you want to design your career?
NESTA and Spencer Institute have everything you need and we support you each step of the way.
Be sure to click through all the navigation on each site to get a full understanding of the range of our services for you.
The NESTA and Spencer Institute Team